Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Teaching In Town

Well, it's official!
 I'll be teaching the HouseTop class in North Vancouver.
 The Creative Edge Quilting & Sewing store in North Vancouver is offering my class on March 13 & 27. I'll do an afternoon session from 10:30am - 1:30pm and an evening session at 6pm - 9pm for those folks who can't make it during the day. I'm really looking forward to teaching in a store again. Its so good to be able to pop out of the classroom and pick up an extra bit of fabric or a new sharp blade for your rotary cutter.

mini HouseTop quilt


Speaking of stores, the Creative Edge is just lovely. Its stocked right up with great fabrics- clean graphic prints, plenty of solids, some nice kids prints and lots of batiks, and they also carry Bernina sewing machines. Maureen and Lauren who were both working in the store the day I popped in were full of creative energy for quilting and we had a fun visit, relaxing and chatting over a cup of delicious chocolate tea. I noticed one of Linda Sharp's pieces on the wall too! You never know where genius fabric artists will show their stuff...

The store's digits are:
Creative Edge Quilting & Sewing | 2065 Old Dollarton Road | 604-982-0088 | Tues.- Sat. 10 -5 Sunday 12-4 | North Vancouver, B.C. | V7H 1A6 | Canada

3 comments:

  1. Barb,
    I am thrilled that you will be teaching us Denmanites this same class - we are so very lucky. I will be staying in West Vancouver tomorrow and Friday night, so I am going to visit this shop and buy some solids for Monday's class.
    Excellent! Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jean, I hope you had fun... I really did! Can't wait until next time- its always so exciting to see how everyone answers the same question!

      Delete